Thursday, March 7, 2013

The One with the Caffeine Addiction


Remember back when you just COULDN'T wait until you were a beautiful, (mostly) financially independent, grown person who spent the bulk of your time at a coffee shop hanging out with your friends? And no one else was EVER on YOUR couch!

I am waiting for that moment to materialize. I feel like I'm still stuck in the flashback scenes. Somewhere between fat Monica and pre-nose job Rachel.

What has instead materialized is, perhaps the entire opposite: an endless hell of assignments, slogged through with my friends, which drive an ever increasing need for coffee. People always joke about the diligent and overworked law student who relies on coffee when working and booze the moment they're done. Well, I'm never "done." And so, it would seem, I'm perpetually caffeinated.

I have been feeling under the weather this week. God knows I couldn't get through winter having only been hospitalized with the mumps. Regardless of fate's cruel plans for me, I'm sick now. Sore throat and cough. So I switched to green tea to sooth what ails me, as they say. I forgot, however, that my green tea is decaf. I had this brilliant idea that I would drink tea before bed instead of wine (ok, sue me, I lied about never being done), and so opted for decaf.

How did I remember this? Oh, after I failed to get through two consecutive days without a splitting headache.

This shit's real guys. Every time you watched Joey and Chandler goof around with Rachel at Central Perk, you were basically watching crack addicts hit the pipe to avoid the unsightly shakes and sweats of withdrawal. Without Central Perk, you'd basically have been watching Walk the Line.


No comments:

Post a Comment