Friday, May 25, 2012

When I Dip You Dip, We Dip

Ok, I just stumbled across a blog post on "hip dips." This is a phenomenon which I have bemoaned under the title "my 3 inverse-3." Ever since I went through puberty, I had marvelled and cringed over the fact that I don't have hips; I have love handles and saddlebags and this flat indented portion in between. I had attributed this to going through puberty at the turn of the millenium, when low slung Silver jeans were my uniform, adhered to my body with thick riveted black belts. Seriously -what were we thinking? But no - this is not some obscure poor-fashion-induced phenomenon I would learn to rue (more than the photographic evidence that I really dressed like that): it's a thing, and others call it, much more articulately, hip dips.
This post on The Skinny tumblr made clear this most loathed part of my body (and my friends' bodies - Aly! It's a thing!) is all nature, not nurture. It is an unavoidable part of our physiology. Which means everyone has it. Even. Ryan. Gosling.

Ok, now go read that article right this instant.

1 comment: