Sunday, July 1, 2012

Shellac Pedicure - you are the bane of my existence

A little while ago I decided that I was going to really indulge and book myself in for a manicure and a pedicure at one of Calgary's fancier spas. When I booked, I told myself I wanted a shellac manicure, and just a regular pedicure to save myself 10 $. But I, ladies and gentlemen, am the biggest sucker, so when the woman on the line asked me if the pedicure was going to be shellac as well, I said "sure." She didn't offer me a deal or anything, I think she just misunderstood and I didn't bother to correct her, hanging up and thinking "What the hell? May as well." Because I think in rhyme.

That was in April.

I bought pure acetone and had to remove the shellac myself last night. I finally decided this was necessary after someone at work, marvelling, asked, "do you have a frech manicure on your toes? Just with grey polish?" I knew my toes were looking bedraggled for a while - a coworker of mine, who owns all her own shellac equipment, would hassle me every time I wore open toed shoes. But I have been wearing shellac on my nails (an attempt to keep them from peeling), so I haven't wanted to go around touching pure acetone. I rigged an ingenious system last night however, wearing dish gloves and weilding acetone-soaked bandaids around each toe. It took some serious time, and I looked ridiculous hobbling around my house on my heels for the 20 minutes it takes the acetone to dissolve the polish, but the shellac pedi is gone.

Let my experience serve as a lesson; no shellac pedicures ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment