Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pet Peeve #4: Bathroom Etiquette

I preface this with the promise that I am not going to talk about bowel movements.

I was just reading an article about things people get too wound up about, which prompted a moment of reflection, followed swiftly by the realization that I had to pee. I know - I am profound. While in the restroom, I used the last of the toilet paper. Shame on me. So I reached under the sink, grabbed a new roll, and replaced the empty tube. I even put it on so that the paper comes up over the top!
I do really hope that people get this. But most apparently don't.
So, basically, I am the spitting image of courtesy and consideration.

No. Wait. That's wrong. Is it just that I'm doing the bare minimum of what is considered reasonable, given the utter lack of time and exertion required? Yeah, that sounds about right.

Granted, I may go above and beyond by endeavouring to do this even when in public restrooms, peering around for back up rolls, or by informing staff when it needs to be done by someone with access to their toilettery stock (restaurants don't generally appreciate finding patrons squirreling through their dry storage, funny enough), but it just seems not only courteous, but logical. I mean, I don't have abundant faith in my bladder capacity necessarily - I could very well be the next person in this stall which, abhorrently, has no toilet paper.

Especially in restrooms where the toilet paper is visible from the toilet, how much lazier and self involved could someone be to just peace out post toilet paper erradication? I mean, you're already sitting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment