Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Vacances

Bonjour mon amis. Have you missed me? I have taken an extended sojourn from blogging to finish up my tenure at Earl's Tin Palace and enter some indulgent unemployment, riddled with travel and wine.

That is to say, I have whisked myself away to gay Paris (because I am my own hero in the so-called fairy tale that is my life). It has been an interesting trip, and is, sadly, almost at its close. I have done all the requisite tourist activities; I have toured the Louvre, enjoyed a picnic on the Sienne, dined in Montmarte, soaked up the beauty of the Musee D'Orsay, and picnicked at the Eiffel Tower (yes, ample picnics - baguette, cheese, sausage and wine abound). I was courted by a French man, walked the canal and sipped noisette in cafes. I have shopped. No where near as much as you would probably expect - my French diet has not instantly granted me a French figure, surprise surprise - but I have wandered kitschy Colette, briefly perused the enormity of the Galleries Lafayette and dug through the Friperies (vintage clothing boutiques) of the Marais.

It has certainly made the prospect of going home less than appealing. Going home only to move, again, and start in on intensive education for a career path which will not allow for any 10 day trips to Europe until I've earned at least a few years hard-worked tenure? Prospects look downright grim. Hopefully I can take some of this amour de la vie I have acquired in Paris and import it back to Canada with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment