Saturday, January 12, 2013

Drool

I don't often find myself revisiting a blog to stare lustfully at any given garment, but Caroline's Mode has had me doing just that with this dip dyed leather jacket by the UK leather aficionados, Muubaa. I hadn't heard of the design house before, but after painstakingly perusing their website (and drool-worthy blog), I have swiftly fallen in love. I am stuck in the uncomfortable position of wanting to reduce my use of animal products (I recently watched Vegucation and it's been resonating with me ever since) while my appreciation, and fashion's innovative utilization, of leather deepens and expands. There is something about the investment in leather that feels so adult, a commitment to a style, to a statement, to a piece - I love it. As I feel myself approaching other things that smack of adulthood - a profession, an income, a "home" - leather seems to be a silver lining.

The price tag is, of course, around 600$, so until the pay cheque I anticipate comes with adulthood materializes, this gorgeous jacket will stay snuggly in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment